Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rock N' Roll Lady!

Warning: you will be inundated with photos :)

It was St. Patrick's Day this Saturday ... but it was also the day of the Rock N' Roll Marathon in DC. It was Dorsa's big day, the day she's been talking about and training for the past several months. I was excited about this day since I had never been to a marathon and I was excited for Dorsa to get a good time for her race :)

I woke up at 5:50 am and fed Achilles and Abby (my parents are on vacation in Florida so I am watching Abby for them) and let them outside. Then headed over to Dorsa and Erik's. We left for the metro at 6:30 am and arrived at 6:45 am. Finally on the metro ... zoom, zoom, zooming on the metro lots of people participating in the marathon were boarding at every spot ... the train was really getting crowded and theeennn ... we were stopped at the Smithsonian metro station. The train sat there for 10 or so minutes before the conductor asked everyone to evacuate the train because there was something wrong with the train and it had to be looked at. This is what it looked like after all those people evacuated the train and were stranded on the platform.


There was a lot more people on that platform then you can see ... the crowd goes way back. So Erik and I decided to leave Dorsa as she caught the next train and we went walking through DC up Constitution.




What it looks like in DC at 7:45 am






It looks like the end of the world ... empty DC streets ...

Erik and I watch the race from about the 6 mile mark in the race. So for half marathoners it was about half way through and for marathoners it was only about a quarter the way through.





Dorsa didn't start her race until 8:42 am ... the race started around 8 am. Dorsa was the only person I wanted to see in the race among 30,000 other racers ... that's a lot of people. We finally saw her around 9:35 or so :)



That's Dorsa in the yellow and Brandy in the green :) Yaaaaay Go Ladies!!!


Way to go Dorsa you did it in 2:11!!!! I am very proud of you and so happy to have been there :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you seeester :) Thanks again one billion times for coming to cheer me on!

    ReplyDelete