Monday, February 6, 2012

Anya is finally 21!!!

I didn't have work today and I will tell you why. It's because I'm awesome, duh! Ha, but really it's because I requested this day off of work because David and I planned on going to Wisp with Lejia and Hyo from Sunday-Monday where we would stay at a cabin and have a good time snowboarding, drinking, hot tubing, whatever we wanted. But we were still tired from Snowshoe from two weeks before and money was an issue...and Anya's 21st birthday was the same day. So we decided not to go.

So Monday was a free day for me. David decided to go into work for half a day. After he came back he wanted to go to a gun range nearby and do some shooting because he hasn't done it in so long.

What you need to know is that David has always wanted to own a gun. For safety reasons. But he told me if I was uncomfortable with guns or having a gun in the house then he would scrap the idea and not get one. I find guns very intimidating and that's really my only issue. I have never held a gun or shot a gun and I don't understand how they work. Basically I am very ignorant when it comes to guns and gun safety.

Well I went to the gun range with David because I was curious and I wanted to see what it was all about. The guy that got us started was a guy who talked very fast but he knew what he was talking about. He got David set up with two guns and 100 rounds and then we went back to the shooting range. I watched, David did all the shooting, haha :)



David is actually a really good shot. He said he tried alternating between head shot and chest shot so that's why some of his shots are scattered but from where I was standing it looked really good. I was impressed. Btw gun shooting is very loud. Especially the guy with the rifle next door...wow that thing was loud and scary. So that was my first gun range experience. It made me feel better about guns because I learned a few things about them and I got to hold one a little bit so it wasn't that intimidating.

I would be fine with David owning a gun. He would put it away in a safe off to the side so it would be easily forgotten about but always there if needed. (But hopefully it never has to be used)

Monday night was Anya's 21st birthday dinner at Hokkaido Chinese Buffet. The food was delicious...I think I ate too much though...even though it was a buffet so you're meant to eat as much as you can. But still it was very yummmy :)


Anya's first drink being 21...saki

After we ate we all went to Cafe Tu Ah (minus the parents) and had several rounds of drinks in celebration of Anya's birthday. I had never had a flaming dr. pepper before so the one we had at the Cafe was my first and it was so yummy. I wanted more of it :)


We didn't stay out too late since it was a Monday night...so we left after 11 pm. It was a really good night and I hope Anya had fun and enjoyed herself :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANYA!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment