Saturday, January 28, 2012

Georgetown

So it has been a while since I have seen my VCU girls (as I like to call them) or friends from college. Technically I have known them since high school but since we all ended up going to VCU...you catch my drift? Okay, so my friend Maedeh decided since her birthday was coming up end of this month she wanted us all to get together. So she planned a dinner in Georgetown at this sushi place called Mate Lounge for Saturday night. I had never been there but I saw the menu and it sounded delicious :)

I personally had my own little adventure on my way over to said Lounge. I took the metro to Foggy Bottom metro station and was planning on meeting Maedeh at the station so we could walk together to the dinner spot and not worry about getting lost. When I arrived at Foggy Bottom I called Maedeh to let her know I arrived and she told me that she and Crystal were on M Street and they were going to head over to the Lounge in a little bit and I should meet up with them at the Starbucks on M Street. I looked on the map (but I should probably mention that I was not sure where Georgetown was on the map) and I looked for M Street and I eventually found it but I was looking at the opposite side of DC...Maedeh and Crystal were on the west side of DC and I was looking at the east side. *face palm*

So I ended up walking 3/4 of a mile out of my way in the wrong direction before I realized that I was most certainly not going the right way. So I called Maedeh...figured out where I went wrong and followed the navi on my phone to the Lounge. The boots I wore..not meant for walking great distances so my feet hurt after a while. And then it got colder and the wind started picking up and it was dark. Did I mention that I have also had a bad cold for the past couple days? So I bundled up my coat, changed my boots to my flats, and pretty much got my butt moving to Maedeh's dinner.

I eventually got there and I wasn't even late. I arrived at 7:32 and the reservation was for 7:30 so I was really pleased. I must have looked so cold when I arrived since my face was pink but I was so happy to finally be there and to see all my girls :) Lesson learned: Georgetown is on the west side and when in doubt just head over to the original meeting spot...haha. That's a typical Lauren adventure for you!!!

The food was so good. Sushi doesn't fill me up unless I have a lot of it and I only had 10 rolls of sushi but I also had it with champagne :) I got a popular sushi roll called fresco and it was perfect. They brought out all our orders on one plate and we just dove in.



After dinner we ordered the dessert roll and that was delicious too. It was a sushi wrap but it had fruit topping and fruity syrup drizzled on top and inside the sushi wrap was sherbert ice cream..yumm. Since it was Maedeh's birthday of course we had a candle for her...and we sung "happy birthday" to her (Maedeh hates it when people sing her 'happy birthday' haha).






As you can see the mood lighting in there was really intimate and dark but it was so nice in there. I would definitely go back sometime :)


It was wonderful to see all my ladies again and I hope we do this more often :)


1 comment: