Saturday, December 21, 2013

Found a Photographer

It's been a little difficult finding a photographer for the wedding. I have been looking at all kinds of photographers and on their websites and I found a few that I really liked. The only thing was the cost. My favorite ones that had the kind of style I was looking for had packages starting at $3,000 and up from there. I decided early on in my wedding planning that I wanted to spend $2,500 maximum for my photographer.

I contacted one photographer that I really liked who is located in D.C. and actually did the photography at my older sister's wedding, Diana. I really liked his style and even though his price had gone up since he did my sister's wedding, I was willing to talk to him and figure out a good price. But after 2 emails and one phone call where I left a voicemail (because no one answered) and had given all my information and then never hearing back from him after two weeks, I decided to look elsewhere. I looked into a photographer literally down the street from where we live who was recommended by David's mom, my future mother-in-law.

It's Lee Wedding Studio and when I arrived I thought I would be meeting a woman but it turned out to be a man and he was really nice. He is vietnamese and not only is he a photographer he also has a typewriter, printer, fax machine repair and sale business. I thought that was pretty cool. He knows the business and he presented me with all the wedding packages he has available and told me that for the number 2 wedding package I could receive two photographers, 12 hours of service, 200 printed copies of the best photos, DVD copy of those photos, 30 page photo album, and a 24 x 30 photo with frame. I would receive all of this for under my budget. $2,130 for all of it. 

I was like "Wow, that's a deal!" Under budget and it has everything I want. Here is an example of his photography style.


He has an elegant style and according to a friend of my future mother-in-law's he is a real perfectionist. I am happy with this choice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment