Sunday, December 1, 2013

Revealing my Bridesmaids

So I wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving to tell my girl friends that I wanted to ask them to be bridesmaids. I had this idea that I wanted to send each one a little card that simply stated "will you be a bridesmaid?" and do the same for my maid of honor.

I have 7 total bridesmaids and each bridesmaid is very special in my life. I decided to ask my younger sister Anya to be my maid of honor because we were really close growing up and we are close in age so we had this special bond with one another and I couldn't think of a better person for the role. I decided to ask my older sister Diana to be my matron of honor because she is already married but she is my other sister.  I only have two sisters and I wanted both to be involved in my wedding in a big way.

I asked Dorsa to be one or my bridesmaids because she a third sister to me. I asked Harmony to be a bridesmaid because she's a great friend and we have a lot of fun and laughs together. I asked Laurene and Johanna also because they've always been there for me and they're both very sweet and they're old friends from high school years and college years. The last person I asked was Becky and she is Bryan's girlfriend (who is David's Best Man). She is super cool and the times we have hung out together she has been really cool and genuine so I wanted her to be a part of my wedding as well :)

These are the cards I sent to each girl (although my sisters already knew they were bridesmaids) so they could get a nice note in the mail and find out that I wanted them to part of my special day.

 

Just a fun little idea I found off of etsy. I'm in love with etsy right now. It has been giving me some great ides for my wedding. There are some crafty ideas for centerpieces and wedding favors and thank you notes...it's my new addiction.

I will write another post about some color and decor ideas I have decided on for my wedding.
Yaaaay!!




No comments:

Post a Comment